Teacher Assistant: Primary (Northern Regional Tasmania)
Job no: 492859
Work type: Campaign, Limited Tenure, Ongoing full time, Ongoing part time, Parental Leave
Location: Larmenier Catholic School - St Leonards, Our Lady of Mercy Catholic School - Deloraine, Sacred Heart Catholic School - Launceston, St Anthony’s Catholic School - Riverside, St Thomas More’s Catholic School - Newstead, Star of the Sea Catholic College - George Town, Northen Cluster, Catholic Education Tasmania
Categories: Teacher Assistant
Teachers Assistant: Primary
Northern Schools / Colleges
Catholic Education Tasmania is a community of thirty-eight schools and colleges serving over 16,500 students, their families and over 2,400 employees across Tasmania. We are seeking Teachers Assistants across 7 schools from Deloraine, Launceston to George Town
Reporting to the Teacher and Deputy Principal, you will provide the spiritual, academic and wellbeing needs of students through personal example, integrity and behaviour.
As a Teacher Assistant in Catholic Education Tasmania, you will:
- Be a part of our journey to improve the learning achievement of every student in our schools.
- Develop and support a school culture that empowers students to think critically, discern wisely and value the search for truth.
- Create and maintain a safe and engaging environment to enable positive learning to take place.
- Be willing to participate fully in the life of the school.
Some of the skills and experiences we are looking for are:
- Have appropriate qualifications for this position.
- Committed to supporting student outcomes through a service orientation.
- Able to relate to students with varying needs.
- Able to exercise judgment and discretion in undertaking duties.
- Use initiative to resolve problems and conflicts in a constructive manner.
- Able to interact appropriately with colleagues, students and parents for different purposes and in different contexts.
You will join an organisation that is driven by:
- Its vision of Student Focused, Christ Centred, Learning for Life.
- A professional service-oriented network of offices, teams and employees,
- Our desire to provide a comprehensive, quality Catholic school curriculum of the highest standard.
Catholic Education Tasmania are currently seeking applications from passionate and engaging educators for ongoing full time, ongoing part time or limited tenure roles across the following teaching categories:
- Kindergarten / Early Years (K-2)
- Classroom (3-4)
- Classroom (5-6)
- Specialist Primary
- Specialist (Maths / Science)
Catholic Education Tasmania are committed to supporting the rights of children and young people and providing a safe and supportive environment for them. The successful candidate will require satisfactory child safety checks and registrations.
We demonstrate our commitment to Reconciliation by encouraging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply.
For further information in relation to the position, including an application package, head across to the Catholic Education Tasmania’s Teacher Assistant Recruitment website at https://catholic.tas.edu.au/teach-in-catholic-education
Catholic Education Tasmania encourages all applicants to express their interest in working in our system. If you see another advertised role, we encourage you to submit an application for that role as well.
Applications Close: Sunday 31 March 2024 at 11:00am
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend